Saturday 14 April 2012

Still looking good!

I went to see my endocrinologist today and she opened with telling me it looks like I'm still cured! Followed by saying the bloodwork I went for didn't really tell them much since I'm taking hydrocortisone so that would skew the results...so I'm not really sure what to make of all that. She said that all the symptoms I've been experiencing though, the fatigue, dizziness, dry skin, nausea, etc - are all good things as they are a result of my body withdrawing from the high cortisol levels. Thats a good thing then! She also thinks I am looking thinner since the last time she saw me but I dunno...I've only lost about 8 pounds since the surgery and I thought I would've lost more by now. I guess I need to be patient and its not like Ive been actively trying to shed pounds so 8 isn't bad. Once I start getting more energy and able to get out walking and that things will pick up. I'm not totally convinced I'm cured but I think I just don't want to get my hopes up. i suppose time will tell! 

No comments:

Post a Comment