Saturday 22 September 2012

My hero

One more thing!! I am SUPER excited to be able to walk in the LIght the Night Walk being held in Calgary next Saturday to raise money and awareness about blood cancers. I had to take last year off because I was just coming out of the hospital from my second pituitary surgery. My dad is a two time survivor of non-hodgkins lymphoma so I do this walk to celebrate him and his strength. He is a true inspiration to me. I often thought, if dad can go through that extensive treatment twice and kick cancer's ass I can sure as hell beat Cushings! Its a walk in the park compared to what he and many others have been through. Not that I am undermining what people with Cushings go through, particularly because everyone's experience is so different - I just say this because it was absolute agony to watch my dad suffer. The day he asked my mom and I to shave his head for him absolutely broke my heart. I'm tearing up just thinking about it! I would take another brain surgery any day over him doing chemo again. Anyway, here is the link to my fundraising page:

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=1632831&langPref=en-CA

2 comments:

  1. Sweet photo of you two. You have great parents Sarah! They must be so proud of you. I will go on and see if I can sponsor you in your walk from here. Love and light to you all. Bonnie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bonnie!! True story :) They are amazing!! I miss them - tried to get mom out here for Thanksgiving but no go...have to wait til Christmas to see them!

    ReplyDelete