Friday 6 January 2012

First Post!

Well here goes! I've never had a blog before...to be honest I've never really even read a blog before! I thought it would be a great way to get the word out about Cushing's Disease though, the internet is such a great tool for raising awareness. When I first suspected I had this disease I admit I did a LOT of googling about it and more often than not came across some pretty negative information and experiences. This made me feel even worse about what I was dealing with, but the rare times I came across some positive experiences really lifted my spirits and gave me hope. And that is what I hope to accomplish with this blog. I will be honest and admit that dealing with Cushing's Disease has not been all sunshine and rainbows, far from it, but it also hasn't been all bad. This blog is my way of sharing my story with others who are experiencing the disease either personally or through a family member or friend. I hope you can find some comfort in relating to my story and know you are not alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment